NZIHF Fitness Courses
Why study this Fitness Course?
The New Zealand Institute of Health and Fitness has been providing NZQA accredited Fitness Courses in partnership with the Open Polytechnic for over 8 years! We also provide the most popular in New Zealand as well!
In addition to NZQA recognition, all of our graduates are also awarded their Australian Certificate III in fitness, and our courses are REP’s registered.No other course in New Zealand is more widely recognised.
This means you can be assured that your qualification is well recognised by the Fitness Industry, and you get the added benefit of a qualification that will be recognised overseas!
4 More Great Reasons to Study with NZIHF:
- Our courses are delivered nationwide by industry experienced fitness professionals
- With part-time or full-time study available days or evenings, becoming qualified has never been easier
- This Fitness Course develops real world skills so you can get into the industry quickly and effectively
- All of our Courses are Government approved with StudyLink student loans available
Graduates of this Fitness Course are awarded:
NC1318 The National Certificate in Fitness (an NZQA and REP's approved qualification), as well as SIS30313 Certificate III in Fitness (Recognised by ASQA on the Australian Qualifications Framework).
Graduates will also complete a comprehensive work place First Aid Certificate as part of the course.
The National Certificate in Fitness is made up of two Courses as follows:
Course 1 - Fitness Foundations
- Functional exercise anatomy
- Exercise physiology
- Adaptations to exercise
- Exercise instruction
Course 2 - Training Skills
- Human behaviour and exercise adherence
- Exercise risk assessment
- Assessing fitness and movement
- Screening and planning for clients
- Exercise prescription and programme design
- Client management and progress reviews
Note: If you complete both of these courses you can carry on and do one more course to complete your Personal Training Qualifications!
Where can I study:
Our Fitness courses offer flexible day and night time options across our 5 campuses nationwide. In Auckland you can study in Albany, Newmarket, or East Tamaki. We also have a campuses in Hamilton, Wellington and Christchurch.
No other provider has more campuses in across New Zealand
- Auckland - Newmarket - Level 4, 12 Kent Street
- Auckland - Albany - Unit E4, 27 William Pickering Drive
- Auckland - East Tamaki - 38a Highbrook Drive
- Hamilton - CBD - Level 3, 11 Garden Place
- Wellington - City - Level 2, 124 Dixon Street
- Christchurch - Riccarton - 18 Leslie Hills Drive