Request for Special Consideration
Use this form if you are applying for special consideration of your enrolment or assessment submission.
This form must be received by the Academic Registrar before your assessment due date or enrolment/course end date, and your reasons for applying must fall under one or more of the following categories:
- Medical – sustained personal medical conditions of a serious nature e.g., continued hospitalisation, long-term serious illness or injury that causes a significant, long-term, irreversible capability issue;
- Bereavement - death of a direct family member where additional significant and sustained responsibility within the family unit occurs;
- Trauma – death of a direct family member where additional significant and sustained responsibility within the family unit occurs;
Please Note: You must attach or mail supporting documentation. Supporting documents must meet the following criteria:
- Medical Condition: As a minimum, a Certificate from a registered medical practitioner describing the condition suffered, relevant dates you were affected and how the condition has, or would, affect your studies. Stating 'illness', 'medical condition' or 'not fit for work' on a medical certificate is not sufficient explanation and will be declined.
- Bereavement: As a minimum, a death certificate or notice, and evidence which shows the relationship between you and the deceased person.
- Trauma: As a minimum, a letter from your employer or lawyer, or a police report, which explains your trauma impact in detail and the way in which it has, or would, affect your capability long term.